If you or your family are experiencing crisis please refer to the following numbers for immediate assistance:
Available: 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Telephone Crisis Care when:
- you need someone to help sort out a serious problem
- you are concerned about the well-being of a child
- you are escaping domestic violence and need help arguments are causing unhappiness and problems in your family
- you are alone or afraid and urgently need to talk to someone
- you are homeless
- you need counseling, information or other support
Phone: +61 8 9223 1111
1800 199 008 (freecall STD)
+61 8 9325 1232 (TTY)
24 Hour Alcohol & Drug Support Lines
Alcohol and Drug Support Line ph (08) 9442 5000
Country Callers 1800 198 024
Parent and Family Drug Support Line ph (08) 9442 5050
Country Callers 1800 653 203
Working Away Alcohol & Drug Support ph 1800 721 997
LIFELINE 13 11 14
13 11 14 is a confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7 from a landline, payphone or mobile.
Anyone across Australia experiencing a personal crisis or thinking about suicide can contact Lifeline. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation our trained volunteers are ready to listen, provide support and referrals.
We answer around 1800 calls every day from Australians needing crisis support and suicide prevention services.
What happens when you call 13 11 14
Our trained Telephone Crisis Supporters will answer your call and:
- Listen to your situation
- Provide immediate support
- Assist to clarify options and choices available to you
- Provide you with referral information for other services in your local area.
Your call will be answered as soon as possible by the next available crisis supporter. If your call isn’t answered straight away, it means we are experiencing high demand for our service and helping other Australians in need.
Please stay on the line or call back later.
Kids Helpline is a free 24 hour counseling service for Australian kids and young people aged 5-25 years. You can get help over the phone, email or web.
Our counselors talk with more than 6,000 kids each week, and help with all sorts of problems, big and small.
If you need to talk to someone now, call us on 1800 55 1800, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If life is in immediate danger call 000.