Fairbridge Western Australia – About Us
Fairbridge is a major youth charity in Western Australia and the only charity in Australia that owns a whole nationally heritage-listed town site.
Kingsley Fairbridge saw a dream in creating a nurturing and positive environment for young people to grow. He established Fairbridge Village (now nationally heritage-listed) as a world first, in 1912.
Fairbridge runs a range of programs and services for young people and has partnership agreements with dozens of other youth organisations. Fairbridge works with children with a disability, young people at risk, young people with drug problems, the unemployed, young people in our justice system, young people who are struggling with life, Aboriginal young people and refugees, through to gifted young people. Fairbridge helps young people reach their full potential and bring about long term positive sustainable change in their lives.
Fairbridge uses a holistic approach to working with young people and their families. Services provided range from mentoring, leadership development, life skills, accommodation, education, accredited training, employment opportunities and adventure camps.
Fairbridge also offers:
- Adventure, cultural and environmental team-building activities
- Accredited and facilitated training courses
- Camps for schools, religious, corporate and community groups
- Historical tours and day trips
- Significant regional events and festivals
- Heritage listed cottage accommodation for 350
- Coordination and fully catered weddings and special occasions
- Corporate conferences, functions and events
- Wheelchair friendly holidays for people with disabilities.
All surplus income from your business goes back into creating more opportunities for young people.